Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Day One. Such fun!

Hello again,

I realise that I only just posted something but the intro was somewhat retrospective for yesterday and I've now been back on plan for a whole day - woohoo - and I want to try and post every day!

Highlights:

  • I managed to visit the school canteen without buying anything that wasn't free food (I'm too cheap to bring food in from home when I get a paid lunch three times a week!)
  • Sweet Chilli Snack a Jacks are only 4 1/2 Syns
  • Berry Bakewell Hi-Fi bars are freakin' awesome!
  • Hubby found me some light wine - I won't open it until I know the Syn content but I know it's less than the stuff I normally knock back so I have something to look forward to this week!
  • I completed my reports on time. Not food-related, I know, but such a relief nonetheless!

Lowlights(?)
  • Bus breaking down on the way home, waiting half an hour for a new one which then terminated 15 mins from home. Yay, I just realised that the 15-min walk home counts as Body Magic though so silver-lining!
  • Arrived home cold and hungry - NOT a good combination! Must make sure that I have things in the house to combat stress munchies.

That's not a bad pro/con list all in all. Although today I was reminded of a 5th reason for wanting to lose weight. Remember, I said there'd be others!

5. Miranda. Being tall and large framed with short dark hair means that students have suddenly decided that I look like Miranda Harte, lol! They shout out her name in the playground, they whisper her name and point at me in the canteen and now they run past my classroom shouting it through the open door. Aargh!! And it's not just this school - I heard it all the time at my last school too. Don't get me wrong- I like the woman. I think she's funny. I just don't want to be compared with her (and I honestly don't see the similarity), although I'd happily take her last salary over mine! I'll post a picture of me up here soon and I'll let you decide. 


So, end of Day One. Back on plan and even started myself a little blog - that should keep me away from the fridge in the evenings anyway!

Night all xx

No comments:

Post a Comment